Classic Bike, Touring Twist
To create the V-Star 650 Silverado, we took the award-winning engineering and styling of the V-Star 650 Classic and added some of our most sought after extras: an adjustable windshield, a comfy backrest, and leather saddlebags.
This bike is perhaps best known for its awesome styling, but it's also remarkably light and easy to ride - and affordable. Value added features like the windshield and saddlebags make the 650 Silverado the perfect entry level casual cruiser. Get an eyeful of the classic styling, legendary Yamaha reliability, and a whole lot of extras. If you don't mind us saying so, we think you'd look pretty cool riding one.
• Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
• This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
• Twin 28mm Mikuni carbs with throttle position sensors (TPS) provide crisp throttle response.
• Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery. 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds for a smooth comfortable ride.
• Light clutch action is perfect for novice riders.
• Transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) means sure starts and excellent engine performance. It is a no-maintenance design.
• Classic, chrome, side-mounted air cleaner not only adds to styling, but also makes it is easy to service the paper type air filter too.
• Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
• Low-maintenance shaft drive provides quiet, clean, reliable performance with no chain adjustments or lube splatter.
• 2-into-2 chrome exhaust creates sleek styling while delivering strong low- and mid-range engine output. The conversion to aftermarket mufflers is fast and simple.
• Heel-toe shifter reinforces that classic image.
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC exhaust emissions.
• Lots of chrome engine parts highlight quality and value.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
• Stout, large-diameter double-cradle steel frame is designed to provide a low seat height with ample rider legroom.
• Long 1,625mm (64") wheelbase provides a stable ride and predictable handling while creating that long and low look.
• Beefy 41mm front fork with Road Star-inspired shrouds offers 140mm (5.5") of wheel travel to ensure a smooth, comfortable ride. The large-diameter fork shrouds, upper triple clamp and handlebar holder are all chrome plated to highlight the value of this very stylish machine.
• 7-step, spring preload-adjustable single shock rear suspension allows the rider to tailor spring settings to match load or road conditions. Rear wheel travel is 98mm (3.9").
• Rear shock is mounted under the engine for that classic, hardtail look. By positioning the shock low in the chassis, it reduces the centre of gravity for a light, easy-to-maneuver feel.
• Single 298mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
• Easy-to-adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator
• Plush, low-profile, rider and passenger seats provide exceptional comfort. The low 710mm (27.9") seat height allows most riders to put feet firmly on the ground for extra confidence.
• Full-size rider floorboards with floating rubber inserts reduce vibration while providing ample legroom for maximum rider comfort.
• Police-style windshield offers great wind and weather protection while proudly displaying the Silverado insignia. This windshield offers two positions of height adjustability, and for those riders who prefer a "convertible", the windshield can be quickly removed.
• Passenger backrest provides that extra peace of mind for your special companion.
• Roomy, semi-hard leather saddlebags look great, maintain their shape and provide ample storage for casual touring adventures.
• Wide retro-style handlebars fitted with extra wide levers provide a quality feel. Polished handlebar switches complete the package.
• Wide front and rear tires fitted to spoked, chrome wheels combine retro styling with solid handling and traction.
• Deeply valanced steel front and rear fenders are both durable and unmistakably classic. Their steel design means they are easy to customize and paint.
• 16-litre fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for an extra long cruising range.
• Classic fuel tank-mounted speedometer features an odometer and tripmeter displays.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• Chrome 60/55-watt halogen headlight
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery
• Beautiful 3-D fuel tank emblems reinforces the Star family's attention to detail and value.
• Steering lock
• Locking side cover storage compartment adds convenience and security
• Self-cancelling turn signals with stylish clear signal lenses